The Kingston Pump House Museum is a demonstration of the original waterworks that served the City of Kingston in the 19th Century.

The Pump House is located in one of Canada’s oldest original water works – where steam-powered pumps provided the first running water to Kingston residents from 1851. Only six similar preserved water pumping stations remain in North America

The assignment involved an addition to house workshops, arrival and orientation space for school groups, new accessible washrooms and office areas, as well as renovations to the existing historic building.

LOCATION

Kingston, Ontario

CLIENT

City of Kingston

COMPLETED

2017

SIZE

9,200 ft²

SERVICES

Renovation & Addition